Friday, December 3, 2010

Loving Christmas!!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!First of all, I must say that our tree looks so much prettier in person. I am not fond of our new camera! Also, this is a Pendleton Indian Blanket that we bought as our Christmas present to ourselves. It is also much, much deeper in color and beauty than this picture shows. It is also very w-a-r-m on our cold winter nights. We love it!!
It was difficult not to cry while I hung up the stockings. So many memories of the fun Santa had filling these year after year. Last night a friend told me she sent her children's christmas stockings to them . . .sorry guys, these are staying with me til the day I die.
Then they are yours!!
Doesn't Hoover look festive?

The day we started decorating is was cold and rainy outside. It was perfect for feeling the Christmas excitement. It actually took us THREE DAYS to fininsh all of the decorating. Partly because all of the decorations were upstairs in our attic and we are both a bit slow on the stairs lately!!! We did some "careful selecting" and just put out what we loved the most. (Like our new ornament from the Bakers to remind us of our "Texas loved ones"!)
Of course our nativity set is our most treasured decoration of all.
I wish our children could all have a few pieces in their houses. One day that will be handed down like the stockings...but not until I am too old to see and hold the pieces.
So, for now, they can just enjoy the pictures !
The wise men had to be "traveling to the manger" this year.
No piano or mantle to put them all together. Thank goodness for bookcases!!!!
(I can't believe I said that!)
We did not get to go down to "our dock" until the end of the day after we finished
"decking the halls". If Christmas decorating is meant to help us feel the "true Christmas spirit" then I believe it should always be finalized by watching a sunset!










5 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

LOVE all of the decorations!! And, that sunset!! Gorgeous!!! Love you!

Laurel Baker said...

Your house looks great, Mom!! I wish I could be there to see it in person! I am glad you like the ornament! If we are in Texas next year I will send you another one...start you a little collection! Miss you and Dad!

Sarah said...

I love your christmas tree! I think it looks great. I love all your decorations. It is fun to see the stockings. It really does bring back a flood of memories. All the pictures were fun to look at. Love the blanket, I am glad it will keep you so warm. It looks beautiful.

Angie said...

Beautiful sunset! I think decorating may be one of my favorite parts of the season because it's all about the anticipation and excitement. Taking everything down used to make me sad because a year felt like an eternity away, but the older I get, the more I realize, next year is barely around the corner!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

I love all of your decorations!!!! I miss you so much mom! I love that you still hang all of our stockings! Also as your youngest child i request the baby jesus in your nativity once you decide to divide it up! I remember so many christmases just playing with it all the time! I think i used to act like i was the little girl from "Mr. Krugers Christmas". I was always acting out parts from movies!