Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Picking Berries, Baking Pies!

Well, we have discovered two of our favorite pastimes...picking blackberries and baking rhubarb pies. (There are never enough berries left to make pies, we eat them as we pick!) Every day when we go for our walk to the beach we pass many blackberry bushes. So, we stop and pick the berries (something akin to stoping to smell the roses, I suppose.) So, by the time we get to the beach we have purple smiles on our faces.
Our friend Jeanne Anderson (introduced to us by R.J.) gave us some fresh rhubarb from her garden. Today I baked a rhubarb pie and I have decided one of my favorite activities is pie baking on a beautiful day. After the pie was in the oven, I washed the dishes while I watched tons of birds fly around my back yard. Just a beautiful morning I will remember for a long time!

4 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

Your pies are the best! I'm glad you are enjoying your new life in your dream spot!! It's gotten Mike and I dreaming of where we want to end up. Ü

Laurel Baker said...

Mom, I think I am convinced that you and dad moved to heaven! I want fresh blackberries and homemade pie and morning walks on the beach! You are doing so good on your postings, Mom! Keep it up! I am loving reading them!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

wow mom you really make me want to come an stay with you!!! i'm glad you are liking where you are at! i love you!

Katy said...

Yay for your blog! This makes me happy. :) Miss you!