Friday, November 5, 2010

FOWL PLAY!

For some reason I love seagulls! I just think they are rather"curious" birds and very fun to watch. I don't remember ever seeing so many in one place as this evening when we were taking our walk along Agate Beach. They were very tame and did not mind us being close to them. I don't remember ever feeling like taking a picture of a pigeon when we lived in Arizona. (Unlike Bert from Sesame Street, I don't think pigeons are that interresting.) However, everytime I see a seagull up close, I want to get its photograph!

I have been throwing bread out in our yard expecting to feed the little finches and sparrows in the neighborhood. Why was I not surprised that the intellegent (and street smart) seagulls and crows found the bread first!


Eventually, the smaller birds had their chance. I guess they were satisfied with the "crumbs" that the seagulls and black birds left behind.
Sinced we moved to Oregon I have been collecting birdhouses. Just seemed like the thing to do!
Some birds like to be away from the crowd, I guess.
One afternoon when we were sitting watching the waves we had quite a surprise!
This gull flew up onto the hood of our car!
How awesome is that! (We were pretty excited until he left his "calling card" on the hood!)
Now you understand the title of this post!










5 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

How funny that the bird landed on your car!! I love all of the beach pictures too--those sunset pictures are GORGEOUS!

Katy said...

I LOVE your birdhouses! I just love birdhouses, period. They're darling.

Sarah said...

That first picture of all the sea gulls is so cool! To see them in such a big group is such a neat thing. I can't wait to come see them again. I hope we can see some whale tails too :)!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

Mom i love all of your posts!! i want to be there so bad and try some of that crab! oh and yes i can see cardon building sand castles on that beach! someday soon!

{One Big Happy Family} said...

Hi Nancy, I am so happy that I found your blog. I have a hard time keeping track of people and this is a great way to keep in touch with loved ones and friends. I am getting ready to start working on my Christmas cards, and obviously you have moved. I was wondering if you could e-mail me yours and also Wendy's addresses so we can send you a Christmas card. Glad you are all doing well. Thanks Tandy Randall dntrandall@hotmail.com