Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Julia and Julia"? Nope, guess again!

I have been promising a certain granddaughter that I would
show her how to make my "famous" cheese ball.
I did not get pictures of Maricela with her hands covered in cream cheese,
but it was a beautiful moment! Mari is so at home in the kitchen. She loves everthing about baking...
the final product as well as the process!

Dipping Oreos in white chocolate can be a fun
"finger-lickin good" activity.
Who gets to lick this spoon?

While waiting for the muffins to bake, Mari kept busy . . .
(All good chefs can multi-task!)

This was our own creation. I think we call it
WHITE CHOCOLATE OREO BRICK
(It tasted much better than it looked!)


Just when I thought the holiday sweets were gone for another year . . .

C-A-L-O-R-I-E-S!!!


Any time spent in the kitchen with a granddaughter is a
VERY SWEET EXPERIENCE!







4 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

How fun!! Mari is so fun to be with, isn't she?? I'm glad she lives by you again---she missed you SO bad! :)

Sarah said...

I love reading your blog mom! It is so fun. Spending time with Mari doing anything is so fun :). I can't wait to come see her and you!

Laurel Baker said...

Oh Mari...I miss her so very much! It makes me so happy to see her back with you...like Amy said, she missed you so much! I hope we can see each other again sometime soon! Love you Mom!

Angie said...

Any chance you'd be willing to post the recipe for your famous cheesball? That looked yummy!