Sunday, January 30, 2011

WE BEE BAKIN'

Maricela loves to make her Grandpa happy!
So, she has been practicing baking cakes!
She wants to make Grandpa a special cake for his birthday
on Jan. 31st.

WILL THE REAL "CAKE BOSS" PLEASED STAND UP?

I found two new cake recipes in a new cook book.
So, Mari and I decided to have a "baking with Grandma day".


This one had so many delicious ingredients that
it was sure to be a success!


This is Mari's beautiful hand...she did NOT
want me to take more pictures of her!
(What a silly girl! She will be seen by millions of people
when she becomes a famous pastry chef.)


THE MASTERPIECE!


This one has an intriguing name!

It looks pretty pitiful when it is finished.
However, it is delicious and very simple to make.
It does resemble an "earthquake", don't you think?


When the cakes were finished they underwent the
MISSIONARY TEST OF APPROVAL.
This is an Elder in our branch and Wendy's branch.
Elder Fowles reminds us of someone in our family.
(This is not a great picture of him. He is red-headed and has a nice smile.)
Who do you think he reminds us of?
The missionaries did like the Earthquake cake
and Mari and I plan on many more fun days of baking ahead!
(This year has just begun!)









5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow those cakes look great! Way to go Mom and Mari. I have had earthquake cake before and I love it. I loved all the pictures of our ancestors. How fun to have found the "missing link." Aren't we lucky that Nick is so dang smart. That kid amazes me sometimes. I can't wait to go to the Temple and do some of these family names. David and I really want to start doing some geneology too. I am glad you are having success with it. I love that you and Mari have been baking together. I wish I could be there to taste some of the goodies. These were some fun posts. It was nice to see Jose in a pic too. We sure miss him. I love you mom. Thanks for posting.

Katy said...

Aaaahhh we miss all of you so much! Those cakes look especially delicious to a crazy pregnant lady like myself. Mmmm.

Hey, that missionary looks like Ethan to me. Is that who you were thinking of?

GlemserFamily said...

Yummy cakes!!! I wish we could all be there for Dad's birthday. Maybe next year???? Miss you!

Angie said...

I will be making those cakes! Thanks for including the recipes.

Laurel Baker said...

I am so happy you got a picture of Mari!! That cuttie girl! Oh how I miss you guys, Mom! Love you!