Saturday, July 14, 2012

PERSPECTIVE!

This morning I was standing in my yard
and I noticed something.

We have a little tree growing and as I looked at it
from where I was standing it looked like this.



However, when I look at it out of my dining room window
it looks like this.


So I began thinking about the things I see each day
in this little town of Port Orford.

Sometimes I see something like this...


...and sometimes I see things like this...


...or this...
(The van is full of rusty junk and has an
old refrigerator sitting on top.)


...or even this .(Our shed after a storm last winter!)


I cannot see this side of the shed unless I choose to.

So I began thinking this morning that I can choose to
focus on whatever I want.

The UGLY or the BEAUTIFUL!


It's all a matter of
P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E!

(One problem is that I have to drive or walk to see
the beautiful, the ugly is right outside my door!
Oh well, life is full of challenges!)

5 comments:

Katy said...

Amen! :)

Laurel Baker said...

At least the beauty outweighs the ugly! Your poor tree! It needs a little lift...then it will be pretty again! :) LOVE YOU!!!!

GlemserFamily said...

I second that "Amen!" Love you!!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

Love you mom! I think we all could use that perspective in our lives!

Angie said...

I needed a reminder like that today! What a beautiful perspective you have.