Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BEACH "NUT" CREATIONS!

 
I have a NEW HOBBY!  It is a perfect one for me
because I love going to the beach and this
hobby involves DRIFTWOOD!
 


The  first step was to collect driftwood
and set up my "studio".
(A small spot in the dining room would suffice.)
Dad has been encouraging me and we go to the
beach about once a week to do our collecting.
 

 
 I began by making baskets and wreaths.

 This one is now in Mike and Amy's "nautical" bathroom.
I forgot to take a picture of one I made for John and Tiffany.

 
Our "nautical" bathroom.
 
 
Then I discoved making birdhouses!
I found little birdhouses when I was
in Portland shopping with Sarah at Michael's.

 
Birdhouses take alot of time, but I love the finished
look and love to give these as gifts!!!
 
This one went to Tim and Katy for their new house.
 
These were for friends here in Port Orford.
One says "quilt shop" for my quilting friend
and one was for Little Bear's dogsitter.
The one on the left is made out of a little box.
The one on the right is a canister that Shaklee fiber comes in.
 
 
This one is in an old one I covered and kept for myself.
 
Our Library was having a silent auction.
We donated this one and hope someone buys it!
 
I actually made a little birdhouse out of stones from
the beach.  I forgot again to take a picture, but a lady
from the library bought it for $25.00!!! 
I WAS SHOCKED!!!
Then her sister bought a basket for $10.00
Have I found a new career?
 
Nope just a HOBBY and I will enjoy every minute of it.
 
I have plans for something special for Christmas gifts!
WHAT COULD THAT BE?
Perhaps something FROM THE BEACH.....
 
(Emma loves the beach too!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

I LOVE all of your creations!! Those bird houses are SUPER cute! Thanks again for the heart for my bathroom--it goes PERFECTLY. Love you!

Laurel Baker said...

WOW, Mom!!!! You definitely have a talent for making BEAUTIFUL "beach creations!" I LOVE everything you made! The bird houses are AMAZING! I can't wait to hear what the one sells for at your library's auction! The baskets with fall leaves look so pretty! I think my favorite is the heart wreath you gave to Mike and Amy! It's so pretty! I'm excited to see what comes at Christmas!!!! :)

rusty and julie thatcher said...

OH MY WORD!!!!! MOM those bird hoses are amazing!!! I knew you were making bird houses but i had no idea!! What a talent you have mom!!! Keep it up! You really could sell those i think! Love you!

Amy said...

Moooom! The crafter in me is just buzzing with excitement over seeing your beautiful creations! I really love the birdhouses! They remind me of something I saw recently while out walking. Very impressive. I guess my desire to craft definitely comes from you.:) Love you!

Katy said...

We absolutely love our birdhouse! What an awesome birthday gift!

Rosemeri said...

Nancy, I love what you've done with driftwood. The birdhouses are especially great. Glad you are having fun and love your new hobby.