Friday, October 29, 2010

OUR FIRST CRAB FEST !

Last night we had our first taste or Oregon Coast Crab!
I don't want to make anyone jealous, but it was DELICIOUS, to say the least!
Our friend Joan Abbey went down to the docks and "put in her crab pots" and...
VOILA...a crab fest!
Eating crab is a bit like unwrapping a Christmas present...it takes a bit of work
but it is so worth it after the effort!

CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS!
I think my spouse is a "pro" at attacking a crab leg, he could
actually effectively use his finders. I found the
kitchen shears to be the most help.
I could not believe I would actually dip something in butter
and not even worry about the calories!!!
Crab without butter would be like cake without icing!!!!!
Some people even went back for seconds.
(I was still trying to open my first set of crab legs!)
When the "fest" is finished there is nothing left but the...
S-H-E-L-L-S !
I personally can't wait for our next taste of crab. Apparently the
"crabbing season" is just beginning. My only comment to that is ...
WHERE CAN I GET A CRAB POT?
(and how do you use one?)







3 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

How lucky to get such FRESH crab!! I LOVE crab too. :)

Laurel Baker said...

I am not big on seafood, but you made it sound so good!! It is nice to see you and dad having such a good time with friends!!
P.S. Great job on the post! You are really becoming a "pro blogger!"

Sarah said...

I want some crab! We have been dying to go crabbing since we moved here. Do you think Joan would take us when we come to visit? Maybe not Thanksgiving, but one of our next few visits? :)