Saturday, January 26, 2013

'"LOCAL ARTIST", WHO ME?

 
There is a new coffee shop in our little town
called "ONE LUMP OR TWO".
The "proprietors" came to look at our house
when they were  house hunting.
Thankfully they chose another house to call "home".
 
They are a really nice couple that I must say the
second impression was much better than the first!
The first time we met they looked at Dad's office and said
"This would be a perfect room for the reptiles!"
I thought they were kidding, they weren't!
 
So, the second time I met them was in their new little shop.
My walking friend and I steped in  early one morning, and
then a few days later I took them one of my
driftwood "creations"as a welcome gift.
They asked if I had more of these little driftwood houses
and I told them I make those and birdhouses.
They said...
 "WE WILL SELL THEM FOR YOU.
WE WANT LOCAL ARTISTS IN OUR SHOP"!
 
LOCAL ARTIST, WHO ME?!!!!!
 
 
I just make things with driftwood in my dining room!
(Dad calls it my "STUDIO".)
Driftwood from our beautiful beaches and glue sticks from Walmart,
and voila...I'm a LOCAL ARTIST?
Perhaps I am!
What do you think?  Artist or Grandma by the Sea
playing with driftwood from the beach?
 
I like this one!
The writing says...
"You never know how many friends you have,
until you have a beach house."!
 
NOW MY PIECE DE RESISTANCE
Joan gave me this beautiful piece of wood. 
This picture does not really show how very beautiful the wood is!
Or how cute the little houses are.
 
"Near the beach we forget to count the days"!
Isn't that the truth?
Especially when you are a "LOCAL ARTIST"!
 
Driftwood collecting anyone?
 
I forgot to mention that the little coffee shop
has sold three of my "pieces of art"!
Brings a whole new meaning to "I love the beach"!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

That is AWESOME,Mom! I'm so happy for you! You definitely are an artist! I'm sure you got it from your mom! I LOVE the little beach village! It is soooo CUTE!!! You need to make more of your wreaths and little baskets too! I'm sure you could sell lots of those! Wish I could walk the beach with you and collect drift wood! Someday soon, hopefully! Love you! :)

Sarah said...

I say artist! Definitely artist! I love them! That little village is spectacular. I love that you have found this hobby and love it. You are so good at it! Thanks for sharing!!

Katy said...

Woot woot! You're legit, Nancy! I looove the village one!

Rosemeri said...

Nancy, you really are an artist. I love what you do with driftwood. They are beautiful as well as cute. Keep it up.

rusty and julie thatcher said...

Oh mom you really are an artist!! I have always thought you were creative! You have always made things looks so darn cute!!! I love all the little houses you made! I have to say that that little village is my all time favorite! I don't know why but it made me get teary eyed when i was looking at the pictures of it! It was just such a beautiful piece of "ART"! You are so talented mom and i am so happy you have found something you love to do! I'm glad that people are recognizing your talent too! Keep it up! I Love You!

GlemserFamily said...

I agree with everyone---you are ONE TALENTED ARTIST!!! That village is amazing!!! Love you!

Angie said...

They're beautiful! You really are an artist. Congrats on the sales -- I'm sure there will be plenty more!

Wendy Velasquez said...

Wow! Just beautiful! You have so many talents to share. I think you are able to create "magic and love" in those driftwood pieces and people are drawn to them. Have fun creating more masterpieces. Love you!